Monday, February 11, 2013

You are What You Eat

This cartoon is so hilarious, I shouldn't even write anything to go with it. But I will. What prompted me to look for a graphic for this post is a memory I have of eating a hot dog and chips for lunch before I started the new eating plan. I drive and walk past this food cart every day and one day, I walked down with my $2 and got a hot dog, chips and a Diet Coke. I went back to my desk to eat and afterward I remember thinking "I feel like a hot dog." The rest of the day I felt sluggish and gross. Since starting this blog, I've been paying close attention to the signals my body gives me when I eat well and when I don't. Healthy food is starting to be my new normal, so when I eat some of my old comfort foods they are a bit of a shock to my system. Many times, if the food is greasy, it actually makes me sick.

Here's something fun I've just started doing, I can now visualize myself as a skinny person. Actually the visualization I have is that I'm athletic, great biceps and quads. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted to the blog shortly.