Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Skinny" at 180 Pounds

Continuing on from yesterday's post, I'm finding it very helpful to keep things in perspective. I weigh 180.5 pounds today which is far from really being thin. But I feel kind of thin. 200 pounds is a not-so-distant past and I still remember very well what my clothes felt like a few weeks ago. So even though I have a lot of work ahead of me, I actually feel (relatively!) thin. The back zipper on my skirt keeps shifting around to the side because the skirt is loose. Alright, it's still a size 16 skirt, but did you hear the part about it being LOOSE? Hallelujah!

This photo is not me, but it shows you what I mean by allowing yourself to celebrate the victories on the way to the goal. I love watching The Biggest Loser because so many people can relate to the struggles and emotions these people feel. And when you see an overweight person who is brave enough to stand up on television and dance in a sports bra at 199 pounds -- because they used to weigh 260 -- what a perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted to the blog shortly.